MCC High Performance 2013 Summer Racing Program
Program is professionally designed and implemented by MCC’s qualified Senior Coaching staff. Training loads will vary between 8-13 practices per/week depending on coach’s Yearly Training Plan and its compliance with Canoe/Kayak Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development philosophies. Ultimately, the High Performance Program is aimed to develop the club’s future Champions- whether in team boats or singles at the Provincial, National or International Level.
Young Paddlers that have previously participated in MCC’s Bantam program, or show a strong interest in paddling for fitness or achievement in sport, are also welcome to join the High Performance Program. Registrants of the program should be highly motivated and active with the desire to learn how to train, compete with friends and embrace the great sport of paddling!
Program Begins Monday, April 8th @ 4pm – Ends Sunday, September 28th 2013
- Lucie Radoñová (Senior Kayak Coach)
- Tamas Buday Sr. (Assistant Coach)
- Kyle Jeffery (Head Coach/Senior Canoe Coach)
Program Training Schedule:
|Practice Times: are subject to the coaching staff and their weekly training plan. Program participants should anticipate weekday afternoon training times of 3:45pm-6:30pm and 6:00am-7:00am morning training sessions when scheduled by coaching staff.|
Important Dates for the 2013 MCC High Performance Program:
- Registration Day, April 6th 10am – noon
- Mississauga Home Regatta, June 8th
- Ontario Team Trials, Welland, June 8th – 9th (*upon coaches approval)
- Lake Placid Invitational Regatta, Lake Placid, New York, July 5th – 7th (*upon coaches approval)
- Sudbury Regatta July 14th *tentative
- W.O.D Trials, Welland, July 27th - 28th
- Canoe/Kayak Canadian National Championships, Montreal, Quebec, August 27th – 31st
- Other dates may be announced by the coaching staff
Cost: $750 + HST ($97.50) = $847.50 + 2 Volunteer commitments + 1 Bingo commitment per participant.
*All participants are required to purchase a club-racing singlet in order to compete. Singlets cost $50 and will be available through club officials.
NSF fee $25, Program withdrawal fee $50, program: non refundable after one month
For further information about the MCC High Performance Program, contact the Head Coach, Kyle Jeffery: firstname.lastname@example.org